Leadership Present: Judy Cook, Roger Crum, Sam Davis, Leigh Ann Fulford, Kate Furmanski, Kristi Hale, Jacqui Housel, Madeline Iseli, Norbert Klopsch, Brandy Mariani, Mike Miller, Kyle Ramey, Dan Turben, Lisa Wagner
Excused: Joshua Green, Healy Jackson
A quorum was declared.
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 5:02 P.M.
Approval of April 5, 2022 Meeting Minutes – Judy Cook made a motion, seconded by Dan Turben, to pass the April 5 Meeting Minutes. All in favor, none opposed.
Annual Meeting “Plus/Delta” – Leadership reviewed the annual meeting and noted what went well and what should be considered for next time:
• We made it happen!
• Maintain the OIC timeline/history
• Personal Mission Moment
• Assistance from the Library staff
• Stayed on time
• Good conversations/mingling after the meeting
• Add more time for the meeting, and include protected social time
• Record the meeting
• Have a record of who attended
• Have nametags
• Offer monitored kid activities so both parents can participate
2022 Proposed Outcome Strategies – Leadership reviewed and discussed committee structure.
• Volunteering (Leigh Ann, Sam) – Discussed whether OIC would be a point of connecting others to existing opportunities through lists of opportunities, or organize groups of OIC members for volunteering. Many ideas were put forward for consideration.
• Programs & Events (Mike, Jacquie, and Lisa) – Discussed an anchoring OIC annual event, possibly in summer; should not compete with existing community events, like Ice Cream Social or Scarecrow Row festivities. Also discussed importance of educational programs, like book discussion events or fall exhibit of Mapping Equity, in partnership with Wright
Library. There could be a funding opportunity from Ted Shank to work on specific programming, but the opportunity has a narrow focus and may not be a good fit.
• Communications (Healy, Kate) – Kate reported on the UD Conference with focus on overcoming history of geographic segregation through red-lining. Communications Committee would like to tie an interview with OIC Chairperson whenever the OIC moves forward with market research. Another news release could be issued about the OIC’s branding project.
• Development (Dan, Madeline) – nothing new to report at this time.
• Youth – rather than form a Youth Committee, OIC leadership discussed weaving youth into all events and initiatives.
Clarifying quorum requirements: Norb proposed new language for Article VI of the Establishing Document that clarifies protocols for meetings and voting. Mike made a motion, seconded by Kyle, to approve the amendment as submitted.
Finance Report (Mariani) – The OIC has about $18,000. Physical items have not yet been transferred to new Treasurer. Form 990N has been filed.
Parking Lot: Future Meeting Topics - Market Research proposal will be discussed at the June OIC Leadership meeting.
Next Steps - Leadership discussed possible presence at That Day in May.
Meeting adjourned at 6:28 PM.
NEXT MEETING: Tuesday, June 7, 2022 – 5:00 p.m. Wright Library Community Room